Sunday, December 2, 2007

Pillow Talk


Moms-to-be are told to bring their favorite pillow to the hospital to hug during labor. They are advised to use a distinctive pillowcase so it won't get mixed up with hospital issued pillows. So my daughter said maybe I could make her one. Maybe I could. Maybe I did. It may look simple to you, but top stitiching and French seams are a bit outside of my area of expertise. Nevertheless I plunged on with a kit I purchased at Craft Warehouse. I had to change presser feet to get through the layers. But here it is. I used white thread as that is what is in the machine and the bobbin and since I don't know how to thread the machine or wind the bobbin, that's what you get. Windy likes it. It measures 20" by 28" and took me all day to complete.

3 comments:

monica said...

Hi Patricia,

the pillowcase looks great! Good job

See you Thursday.

Monica

monica said...

Patricia, the pillowcase you made looks great! Good for you :)

See you on Thursday.

Monica

ej ramblin said...

So you sew too? I never knew....
Happy Hugging to Windy!!!

As we all think joyful welcoming thoughts while we wait for the on earth arrival of Ms Louise!