Sunday, August 31, 2008

Red, White and Blue Ribbons




My entries at the Oregon State Fair won ribbons that I am very proud of. There were some absolutely beautiful examples of quilting, knitting, crocheting and other home arts and I am honored that my pieces were recognized.

My Legacy Star Quilt won a Blue Ribbon. It was featured in a special display on the floor of the huge Home Arts building and I was very proud to stand beside it for a photo. This is the second blue for this quilt that I made that first year of retirement in Osceola. It won at the Missouri State Fair in 2005.

The little crocheted Lollypop Afghan I made for Ember Louise won a Second Place Red Ribbon. It seemed so simple to make but it has gotten many raves for the basketweave pattern and the bright colors.

The lace Christening Cape and Scarf set won a Third Place White Ribbon as did the little tiny Pink Lace Hat. Both made for little Ember.

It is nice to know that others appreciate the work I put into these items. I love quilting and knitting and crocheting and it brings me a great deal of pleasure to create things for my family.
[Double click on images to enlarge.]

1 comment:

ej ramblin said...

Awesome! Wonderful!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What beautiful works of art you have created! And they are all utilitarian too! I'm so glad you entered them... and even more glad you won! Your joy shows in your beaming smile!
Again, Ms Patricia,
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !


love,
ejramblin