Monday, October 27, 2008

Photo Missing

Sorry I can't show you the beautiful yarn I purchased at an awesome little knit shop on my trip to California. I went to Filati's that I had read about on knitting blogs. It is in Rocklin not too far from Granite Bay where we were staying. All the raves proved to be true. A great shop with really helpful salespeople and a wonderful knitting vibe.

I made three purchases. A fat skein of hand-dyed yarn in bright Crayola colors to make a sweater for Ember. Also a tiny skein of tiny sock yarn to make her some tiny baby socks. And a hank of soft alpaca for my "California Socks."

On the trip I worked on my State Fair Socks. Still have a half to go on the second sock and those will be finished soon. This is my fifth pair now. I'm getting pretty good at this one basic pattern!

Coming up in the queue is a Feathers and Fan Shawl with the wool I won at the State Fair, a cap for Oliver, and the lace scarf I started for myself long long ago. Plenty to keep me busy on the cold winter nights that are coming soon. I've also laid in some fabric for quilting and some 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles. Bring on the rain!

As you may have read on my other blog, postings are sporadic due to a home computer malfunction. Look for postings on Mondays when I can use my daughter's computer.

No comments: