Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bag Ladies Rule!




Yesterday I acquired yet another bag in which to tote my knitting about. This one is a gift from Time magazine as a bonus for renewing my subscription. It looks to be just the right size for the Copper Afghan. Red and black. Kinda squarish. Zipper side pockets. Large zipper opening on top. This makes something like eleven dozen bags of varying sizes and shapes and functions that I use to contain my projects and keep them ready to grab-and-go at a moment’s notice.

There is a bag for all seasons, a tote for all reasons. Big and small, roomy and cramped. Filled with pockets and zippers and buckles. Some people have stashes of yarn or fabric. I have a Stash of Bags!

Mostly I want these for knitting projects. But I also use them for my “Activity Kit.” This is the stuff I want to take with me whenever I go anywhere that might involve waiting or down time. Riding on the Max for example, or waiting at the vet’s. In my Kit you will find a knitting project (small), a paperback book, a Sudoku puzzle book, pen, pencil with eraser, notepad, granola bar. This is in addition to the bag that serves as my “purse” which contains all manner of necessities along with my cell phone.

I became a Bag Lady when I lived in San Francisco and didn’t have a car. Riding the Muni taught me how to travel light but with everything I might need in case I was stuck somewhere for a long period of time. I continue the tradition to this day.

1 comment:

ej ramblin said...

Well, you know, you can never have too many bags! I now throw in a stash of empty bags when I travel for the smaller trips along the way. Bags Are Good!