Monday, January 22, 2007

Knit Happens

From time to time (more and more often, I see) news of my knitting wanders onto my other blog. Some of my readers are not particularly crafty, I know, and don’t care much about the merits of Opal and Koigu yarns. Lately…that would be in 2006…I’ve been pretty involved with sticks and string and it has occurred to me that I could have a knitting blog and put all this fiber jabber there and spare the rest of my readers. Of course, as is true with most all of my life adventures, there are some humorous moments and some that bring tears. Which may, or may not, be something you want to read about. But to add to the fun and novelty of the whole thing, I have learned to use a digital camera. Unfortunately, the truly awesome items I have made have been given away, so the photos are mostly of the tragic mistakes and the ones that never made it to the finish line.

January 2007 has brought some severe weather to Portland and that means I am home more than usual and watching Law and Order reruns and knitting away. I don’t need an excuse to knit, but I am glad the weather is providing one nonetheless. So…welcome to my crafty corner. The name comes from the Olde English word cnyttan which means "to tie, to knot, or to join." The syttan part is self-explanatory.

No comments: