Friday, January 26, 2007

Meet the Kittys




When I am not knitting, I am crocheting or quilting so the projects pile up. Here you see an afghan I made out of yarn leftover from some of my late sister’s projects. That’s my rockin’ kitten…Skye…in the chair. It’s her comfy spot to watch her favorite TV shows…cartoons and NASCAR racing. I don’t know how to read crochet patterns and I don’t know one stitch from another, but if I just pick up a hook and close my eyes and don’t think about it too much, I can make a granny square. A skill learned in childhood that resides in the Compartment of Residuals in my gradually atrophying brain.

In the other photo, you can see a little haphazard quilt and my older cat, Lenny. The quilt was intended to be a sampler of different ways to assemble nine-patch blocks. Lenny insisted on sleeping on the pieces, and then the blocks as they were put together, and then the quilt top. I wrestled it away long enough to put a back on it and some lumpy binding. It is not an example of my prize-winning best work but it works to keep cat hair off the chair where guests sit.

No comments: