Sunday, January 28, 2007

Little (and I do mean little) Maddy Jones was due in March 2006 but came January 14, 2006 way ahead of schedule. A very tiny preemie, but she has turned into a robust and healthy baby. I hurried to finish the baby afghan I was making for her. My friend Kim loved it and sent a photo of Maddy sleeping with it tucked around her.

You have to hurry when making baby things because if you dawdle they are no longer babies. I loved making both of these which are basketweave crochet and I could not possibly tell you how to do it. My friend Lin taught me and I could demonstrate it, but I don’t know how to read or write crochet patterns. Every time I start one, I have to close my eyes and just let my hands go on their own. If I try to think about it, it confuses me.

No comments: