Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Road to Hell







I had every intention of making a pair, but there is one blue thumbless mitten waiting for a mate. The pattern has gone to live elsewhere and who knows how I made the first one. This may need to be “frogged.” You know, of course, what that is. Ripping the whole thing out, winding the yarn into a skein, washing it, weighting it, and hanging it to dry and starting all over again.

And there is the multi-colored striped afghan I started in Missouri before I moved. I wrote about it in Down Home Musings. Almost finished…but not quite. The purpose was to use up mounds of acrylic yarn I had inherited from various people or had left over from projects of my own back when I used cheap yarn because that was all I could afford. Most of the acrylic is gone now. Maybe I will just bind off.

There is also a green wool scarf waiting to be unraveled. I used up all the yarn on hand and it barely goes around my neck. Two other scarves made for tiny-necked midgets. These will be frogged and worked into a future felting project.

My friend, Lin, (of the Sixteen Color Vest story) knows I am not the best finisher. Once I knit strips of an Aran afghan that sat around for months (years?) before she took it home and finished it for me. Which reminds me I have a box somewhere with maybe 80 crocheted squares waiting to be assembled into an afghan. I started making those from colors I favored in the fall of 1995 while I was living in Scott’s closet. (Another story there.)

No comments: