Monday, January 22, 2007

Sock It To Me

My new project, as if I don’t have enough things going on already, is SOCKS. Well…to be honest…right now it is SOCK singular, but there is always hope a pair will eventually emerge. Kelley, my co-worker at Friends of the Gorge, has been having Stitch ‘n Bitch parties and it seems the younger women are all into making Socks That Rock. She brought me the pattern she has been using, and I found it a great excuse to buy some beautiful hand-painted wool I had been admiring at the Knit-Purl (http://www.knit-purl.com) yarn shop. I only shop there on the rare occasions when I get downtown. Which is where I was earlier this month to meet with Kelley on some website-related stuff.

We talked business for awhile and then switched to knitting. She’s on her third pair of socks from this pattern. I have struggled with socks in the past, including an unfinished pair of garish argyles (yellow, red and black) started when I was in college. Having a Sock Tutor might just make a difference though, and she seems very confident about helping me with the picking-up-stitches part that always has defeated me. So here I go again. On size ONE needles and using Koigu KPPM wool. When will I finish them? Will I wear them IF I finish them? Place your bets now.


No comments: